Francis Russell wrote:
Anyone know of any good rule-sets to block this sort of spam?

http://www.unchartedbackwaters.co.uk/files/russian_spam.txt

I find that Pyzor and Razor completely miss it as well as the DNS
blacklists (although I believe this one has a relay in one of the
Spamhaus ones now). I'm aware of the language whitelisting feature but
presumably there is a better way then just assuming everything in
language x is spam?

Francis

If you want something that's language specific, checking for koi8-r can be quite effective, but if you do receive legitimate Russian mail then it may lead to FPs. Anyway, here's a rule to check the subject that would hit your example:

header LOCAL_CHARSET_SUBJECT Subject:raw =~ /\=\?(koi8-r|windows-1251|iso-2022-jp|gb2312)\?/i

There's a few other foreign character sets thrown in there that I also reject - edit to suit your needs.

Looking at the rest of the mail, I have a few other custom rules that fire on your example:

header          LOCAL_THEBAT_MUA        X-Mailer =~ /^The Bat!/

uri             LOCAL_URI_RU            m{https?://.{1,40}\.ru\b}
uri             LOCAL_URI_CHAT_RU       m{https?://.{1,40}\.chat\.ru\b}

I score against The Bat MUA, and also against any [dot] ru domains, plus an additional (additive) score for [dot] chat [dot] ru URIs. I have no legitimate use for these in emails (I also have a similar rule for Chinese domains that's very popular!)

So I have 4 or 5 custom rules that all score against your example and add a little to the score taking it well over the spam threshold.