Hello,

I recently upgraded to spamassassin-3.2.5-1.el5 using up2date and
spamassassin is no longer filtering messages. Spamassassin correctly
identifies the sample spam message when I do

spamassassin -D < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-3.2.5/sample-spam.txt

from the command line, but it does not tag the GTUBE email when I send it to
myself from an external email account. It doesn't look like
sendmail/procmail is sending the mail through spamassassin, although it's
not clear to me why not. I didn't change anything in my config files and the
upgrade notes for spamassassin did not indicate that anything should be
changed.

I've googled extensively to see if anyone else is having this problem and
what possible solutions might be, but nothing that I've tried (changing
config files, restarting spamd, etc.) has worked.

Here is the relevant part of the log file for a sample email after turning
the verbose option on in .procmailrc:

procmail: Assigning "DROPPRIVS=yes"
procmail: Assuming identity of the recipient, VERBOSE=off
procmail: Assigning "PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin"
procmail: Assigning "SHELL=/bin/sh"
procmail: Executing "/usr/bin/spamassassin"
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/spamassassin: Permission denied
procmail: Program failure (126) of "/usr/bin/spamassassin"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded

I'm still stumped, however. The permissions for spamassassin seem to be
correct:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27021 Sep 14 18:29 /usr/bin/spamassassin

I can run it from the command line, so I'm not sure why I'm still getting
"permission denied." Do I need to change the ownership of spamassassin?  I
tried changing the group to mail (same group as procmail), but that didn't
do anything.

I could only find one relevant posting with a similar error (located here
http://use.perl.org/~samtregar/journal/29278), but that doesn't sound like
my problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.