Per Jessen wrote:
Jason Bertoch wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Per Jessen [mailto:p...@computer.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:15 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: Googlegroups related spam

here's a couple of examples that made it through my filter:

http://jessen.ch/files/googlegroup-spam-example1.eml
http://jessen.ch/files/googlegroup-spam-example2.eml
http://jessen.ch/files/googlegroup-spam-example3.eml
http://jessen.ch/files/googlegroup-spam-example4.eml
http://jessen.ch/files/googlegroup-spam-example5.eml
http://jessen.ch/files/googlegroup-spam-example6.eml
http://jessen.ch/files/googlegroup-spam-example7.eml

My experience is the same in that the messages don't actually come
from google servers.

Which doesn't make them spam though.

Probably a safer rule than my first post is the following untested code that at least checks if the message came from google.

Jason, why do you think it's important where the msgs come from?

/Per Jessen, Zürich

I think the idea is to look to see if the message came from google servers to avoid false positives. If it's not from a google server then it's more likely spam.