>>On Sat, 07 Feb 2009, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

>> I have SA working very well for me, but there are still a few cases
of spam
>> that are very persistent, I still get a considerable amount of spam
that SA
>> doesn't catch.

>> However, what is annoying is that no matter how much I feed through
>> sa-learn, the SA score doesn't change much.

> Sahil Tandon wrote:

>Do you run sa-learn as the same user who is performing the SA checks on
>incoming mail?  Does your Bayes database contain at least 200 (of each)
spam
>and ham?  What is the output of:

>       % sa-learn --dump magic

Hi all,

   I seem to have the same problem as Ricardo. I feed the same stuff
every day
into Bayes, using sa-learn, but the tagging never changes. Otherwise, SA
seems
to be working perfectly on all other messages, but not with the ones I
constantly
feed it (they always seem to hit only BAYES_50).

I have a site-wide set-up though. There are no bayes databases for each
user.
Just one big one (two actually - one for each MX). I get the end-users
to dump
untagged spam into a shared Public Folder (Exchange) and then use Nick
Burch's
imap-sa-learn.pl tool to process the contents of the folder.

Spamassassin and the bayes databases are owned by user/group exim:exim.

Spamd is run like so:

    daemon spamd -u exim -m 10 -d -x

I run the imap-sa-learn.pl program as "root" (which could be the
problem) but inside
that program I see:

my $username = 'spamassassin';

Which is the name of the user that owns the Public Folders on the
Exchange server.
Perhaps that needs to be changed to exim? Or I need to run the
imap-sa-learn.pl
program as user exim?

As for dump magic, I get...

0.000          0          3          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0      33422          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0      11180          0  non-token data: nham
0.000          0     290315          0  non-token data: ntokens

...on the secondary MX server.

The primary MX server is a little wilder though:

0.000          0          3          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0     206774          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0    1515235          0  non-token data: nham
0.000          0     917146          0  non-token data: ntokens

I hope that's OK (the wide disparity between nham and nspam).

I am running SpamAssassin version 3.2.5.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

 - jim -