On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 16:30 +0100, Guido wrote:
> > >  - How can I convince spamassassin (used by amavisd-new) to care
> > >    about my user_prefs in the database?
> >
> > Amavisd-new scans everything as a single user.  It has no concept of
> > per-user settings

You probably need to read the sql documentation for amavisd-new
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.sql.txt

Have you restarted amavisd-new since you added the @lookup_sql_dsn?

> > > BTW: spamassassin should not try to search for user specific settings
> > > in user's home directorys. Not all all. How can I do that?
> > Amavisd-new will not look at the user's home directories.
> No, but SA does.

But amavisd-new doesn't call SpamAssassin as an external.  It opens the
perl libraries and runs the same scoring code-base.  It behaves
differently than the spamc client...

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy