From: Bowie Bailey <bowie_bai...@buc.com>
   Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:07:23 -0500

   Jeff Mincy wrote:

   >    If I'm reading the spamc man page correctly, it will wait 5
   >    minutes for spamd to process the message, but it will only wait
   >    about 3 seconds for a connection to spamd (3 tries with 1 second
   >    sleep between them). That's not much of a queue.  Or am I missing
   >    something?
   >
   > The --connect-retries=retries and --retry-sleep=sleep options control
   > connection attempts.   The connection attempt was successful, you are
   > just waiting for spamd to get around to the message.   If spamd
   > refuses the connection then spamc will retry a few times.

   Ok, so spamd will accept the connection and hold onto it until a child
   process is available.  How many connections can spamd queue?

I dunno.  As I recall, on linux the maximum number of connections is
controlled by some kernel limit, probably 4000.  You'll run out of
something else before you get anywhere near this number.  Of course,
messages will start timing out in spamc if they are not processed fast
enough.

-jeff