Hi!

Personally I wouldn't use OpenDNS on a server (except maybe for
squid). It's not a normal DNS server, it does things that are aimed at
browsers like spelling correction, and redirecting failures to it's own
web servers. The latter presumably breaks the NO_DNS_FOR_FROM test,
and I wouldn't be surprised if other tests are affected too.

While this is generally true of most DNS services LIKE OpenDNS, OpenDNS itself is pretty clueful. Unlike the people at uribl...

"onoes, we're getting 50 million hits a day from openDNS, let's block them, annoy all their users, and not reduce our hits at all because people will simply reconfigure to hit us directly instead of via OpenDNS. But at least those 50 million hits will be over slower links, and consume more of our resources. yeah, that's a GREAT idea."

Or am I wrong?  I could be wrong.

Yes you are and think twice before posting a statement like this. It doesnt make you look smart judging about things you have no clue about at all. Things like this dont fall out of the sky just like that, most likely there is a history.

More RBL providers are talking about this with OpenDNS and yes many large company's try to walk around RBL policy's and switch to OpenDNS and this is one of the reasons they are blocked by not only URIBL but several RBL providers. We (SURBL) have the same issues and are talking in depth with OpenDNS to get this resolved.

I feel sorry for you if you start shouting around people at URIBL are not cluefull, this is your problem and i dont share this with you.

Knowing you and seeing what you do on mailingists this will most likely turn out in a neverending thread. Bare you, this is a one time post. I have said what i wanted. No need to argue about it.

Bye,
Raymond.