On Friday 01 May 2009, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
>On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 11:23 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> bayes: unknown packing format for bayes db, please re-learn: 73 at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line
>> 1883.
>>
>> This seems to be repeated at about 3x for every spam I put in the spam
>> folder. Obviously someone has figured out a way to poison the bayes_db.
>
>No.  No poison, not triggered externally.
>
>After a brief look at the code, this is a warning in an internal
>function that unpacks the DBM bayes store internal format. Looks like a
>corrupted token entry in your DBM format bayes store DB.
>
>Please don't scream exploit, unless you had a look at the code.
>
>> Is there a fix?
>
>Frankly, dunno. If it's just a few token entries, it should be fixable
>by dropping them. Though if a large part of your Bayes DB is corrupted,
>I'm afraid it's time to start fresh.

The other email procedure I did, and basically, except or a few really long
lines that I nuked, all ending in @casabyte.com, it looks rather blah.  Is
this a clue of something I might be able to find with vim's /str finder?
I do note that it sometimes stores the address in the clear, and sometimes in
a hash that looks like an md5sum or similar.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)