On Tue, 5 May 2009, Sean Leinart wrote:

We have several email distribution lists with addresses such as
a...@mydomain.com all-supp...@mydomain.com, etc. Currently these
email addresses are getting pounded with trash daily.

Is there a way, or a rule to allow this address to be valid internally
but be rejected if the source originates from outside of our network.

Ideally this is done in your MTA. What MTA are you using? Check the support forums and mailing lists for that MTA. There are generally ways to say something like:

        to: a...@mydomain.com  from: 127.0.0.0/8  accept
        to: a...@mydomain.com  from: 10.0.0.0/8   accept
        to: a...@mydomain.com  from: *            reject

  No representation without taxation!
 3 days until the 64th anniversary of VE day