Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
The first quarter ended just over a week ago.

Actually, it ended over a month ago.

Michael Scheidell wrote:
> looks like mcafee sees a 20% drop in spam?
> wonder what that is about.  I'm not seeing a drop in ATTEMPTED spam

I see a recent (late april or early may) increase in the amount of botnet connections, but that's in the second quarter of 2009.

MacAfee are comparing the first quarter of 2009 with the first quarter of 2008.

McAfee's belief that the lower amount of spam is thanks to the takedown of McColo seems resonable. Similar figues were reported by others as well in january or february IIRC.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda