I haven't been following the long thread about this plugin.
When I followed the links and examined the code/docs, I
found that I really didn't have a sense of WHAT this plugin
does.

At first I thought it was checking for spam 'reply' e-mail addresses within the body of an e-mail (the often used "don't reply, but instead e-mail to.... blahb...@abusedfreemail.tld"). Latest discussions make it seem like it is just checking the sender envelope address? That is so often faked. Why check it?

I was hoping that a well-formed mechanism like this might also be usable to catch abused freehosting web pages, like that run of sites all on geocities a month back....

So could we please have a nice "here is what it does" summary? Thanks!

- Charles