Marc Perkel a écrit :

> mouss wrote:
>> Is phishing really a problem for banks? I don't think so.

(I'll forgive you for snipping the rest of the paragraph, and thus
isolating a single phrase which was part of a context...).

> You're kidding right?

No. I never heard of a bank losing money or business because of phishing.

note that they do nothing against the use of stolen credit cards (which
causes a lot of spam and botnet attacks).

and a lot of phishes I get come from ISPs that have no business relaying
for *...@paypal and the like.

oh and worst, my own ISP relays phishes "against" itself (In short, I
get mail claiming to be from {admin|accounts|....@free.fr relayed by ...
free.fr. sigh).

and why do I get mail like this:

..

orange.fr, the most important French operator, is relaying mail
submitted on its webmail (seen from other headers), on behalf of a
French bank?

once ISP/MSPs do something about phishing, I'll see what banks could do.
Until then, I prefer that my bank doesn't use "our money" in useless
experimentations.

we keep hearing of dkim, spf, and whatsnot. People belive in a lot of
gods (and the fact that the new gods get an RFC changes nothing). do you
really think the miscreants will say "oh, gee, they're using dkim now.
these guys are really good. I'll have to find a honest job now". come on...