On 5/27/2009 11:00 AM, Jeff Chan wrote:
On Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 6:20:13 PM, Jason Haar wrote:
John Hardin wrote:

Better still, the tinyurl-esque services should vet the URLs people
submit against SURBL...

They actually do. When I was trying to test Jonas URLredirect plugin, it
was actually hard to get tinyurl.com to generate a link for some known
spam URLs. I suspect they are indeed doing SURBL lookups. Hope I didn't
end up blacklisting myself :-}

Yes, tinyurl and several other URL shortening services use SURBL
data to fight abuse of their services:

  http://www.surbl.org/redirect.html

http://bit.ly/hnds8

This resource has permanently moved to <a href='http://alvinabeate.narod.ru/pages.html'>http://alvinabeate.narod.ru/pages.html</a>.

even if SURBL saw that URL, as it doesn't list 2ltlds, alvinabeate.narod.ru will not be listed.

other URI blacklists won't ever see alvinabeate.narod.ru either as its not in the mail flow.