Howdy,

Just subscribed, looking for insight into why this spamassassin setup doesn't
seem to be modifying the subject line. Am very new to spamassassin.

Setup:
Spamassasin 3.x on OpenSuSE 11.1
Scalix Community mailserver (using Sendmail)

Reference Cookbook:
The Scalix Spamassassin Wiki "How To" at
http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=HowTos/SpamAssassin

Brief Description of the method described in the Scalix Wiki:
Implement spamass-milt 0.3.1, download then make
Configure smtpd.cfg to filter by implementing SMTPFILTER=TRUE
Disable YAST mail configuration (enabling alternative configuration using
linux.mc)
Modify linux.mc to enable spamassassin socket with the following parameters

dnl INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',`S=local:/var/run/spamass.sock, F=,
T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl

regenerate the sendmail.cf file
configure spamd to start on boot
restart sendmail
restart the scalix SMTP relay
Confirm mail is beind scanned

Specific questions:
1. A part of my problem is that although the Wiki includes output of "working
correctly" I have no idea exactly what exactly I should be looking for. My
output follows, it seems to be logging messages but is spamassassin really
scanning?

2. Does anyone have a reference to a similar procedure to what I described?
Perhaps a different reference describing the same procedure might be either
"more accurate" or "more explanatory/complete."

TIA.

Tony