On Sat, 6 Jun 2009, Don Ireland wrote:

If I write the message/subject to a file (so that it looks like a message without most of the headers), can I run it through SA and make sure that it's not spam?

Certainly.

Figuring out the headers shouldn't be too difficult, and you will probably want to run it using a config that's customized to fake mail (i.e. with scores adjusted to reduce the effect of header tests like "does the sending hostname look evil?", but it's absolutely technically doable.

  It is not the place of government to make right every tragedy and
  woe that befalls every resident of the nation.
 Today: the 65th anniversary of D-Day