rich...@buzzhost.co.uk wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> Looking at the docs I see a 'don't add your customer rules here' warning
> in reference to the default /usr/share/spamassassin dir. Instead it
> lists a couple of options including local.cf
>
> Is it possible to ask local.cf to include external files/dir for custom
> rules at all?
Yes, there is an include directive (see the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
docs) but by default SA will load *ALL* .cf files from your site rules
directory (usually /etc/mail/spamassassin), so includes at the local.cf
level are a bit silly. Just put extra .cf files in the same directory
and SA will load them.

Generally speaking, the include directive is only used at the user_prefs
level, where a single file is parsed by default, not a whole directory.

See also:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules