Yet Another Ninja wrote:

Lee

I'd advise you not to try this path much longer. The effort to get the full functionality is not worth it. You will never get it all, unless you're prepared to port a lot of the stuff to W32 (been there - done (part) of it - never again)

Suggest you look around for some VMware "appliance" image which will run a SA/pop3 proxy for you and you'll get "instant happiness" :-)
Hello Yet Another Ninja and thanks for replying;

So, getting a better / more up to date equivalent of SAwin32 is essentially a pain and likely to end in severe frustration? If that's what you're saying, I'm not surprised from what I've found/not found over the last week or so :)

What do you mean in your second paragraph? I didn't really follow you there. Did you mean a commercial product for Windows which already includes SA and also acts as a desktop POP proxy? I'm aware there may be a few of those. Indeed, the SAwin32 I'm using gave way to a commercial product, I believe?

I might also throw in here, I've seen a page (below) by somebody using the free Delegate proxy program to work with SA, but on Unix, not on Windows. He's using Delegate as a Pop3Proxy type tool. I haven't looked into this seriously yet, but I've had a little attempt at running Delegate on XP (it's cross platform), and so far failed to fully understand how to configure it on its first run and indeed beyond that(!). I suspect it is actually quite simple, however. But of course, if getting a newer version of SA than 3.2.3 to work with it on Windows is a nightmare, sticking with what I have now would certainly be the most viable option. I assume I'm not the only person here using the Sourceforge SAwin32 package from 2007?

http://www.deepsea.force9.co.uk/pop3proxy.html

Lee