In an older episode (Saturday, 4. July 2009), Michelle Konzack wrote:

> If I do not remove it beforre "sa-learn --spam", I get an  negative
> AWL score.
>
> If I remove it, and run "sa-learn --spam" again, AWL is not
> mentiioned.

In my understanding, the fact that the "From:" address is in the AWL
with a negative score does *not* prevent sa-learn from learning the
message as spam.

The effect that various tokens from the mail are learned as "spammy" in
the Bayes DB is far more important in my view.

And since the sender addresses are unique, their negative AWL score
won't hurt much IMHO - except for increasing the size of the
auto_whitelist.

So, removing them may be a good idea, but I don't think it is necessary
for sa-learn to be effective.

My 0.02 EUR.

Regards,

wolfgang