On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:57:59 -0400 (EDT)
Charles Gregory <cgreg...@hwcn.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, info-spamassassin-t...@cs.utexas.edu wrote:
> > I seem to be having a hard time writing rules which anchor
> > a string to the start of the line in the body of a text message.
>
> What the.....? So am I!
>
> I have tried all combinations of:
> body       LOC_09070701 /^Assets of my deceased Client/
> body       LOC_09070702 /^Assets of my deceased Client/m
> body       LOC_09070703 /^Assets of my deceased Client/ms
>
> And NONE of them match the beginning of line!

From man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

body SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME /pattern/modifiers
           Define a body pattern test.  "pattern" is a Perl regular
           expression.  Note: as per the header tests, "#" must be
           escaped ("\#") or else it is considered the beginning of a
           comment.

           The 'body' in this case is the textual parts of the message
           body; any non-text MIME parts are stripped, and the message
           decoded from Quoted-Printable or Base-64-encoded format if
           necessary.  The message Subject header is considered part of
           the body and becomes the first paragraph when running the
           rules.  All HTML tags and line breaks will be removed before
           matching.