I recently received a spam with a mailbox-list in the from: and senderd:
headers

        From: "Inversiones" <inversiones.fo...@live.com>,
        <i...@lasinversionesforex.com>
        Sender: "Inversiones" <inversiones.fo...@live.com>,
         <i...@lasinversionesforex.com>

Since I had not seen mailbox-lists in a from: header before, I ran to
read rfc5322:
        3.6.2.  Originator Fields

   The originator fields of a message consist of the from field, the
   sender field (when applicable), and optionally the reply-to field.
   The from field consists of the field name "From" and a comma-
   separated list of one or more mailbox specifications.  If the from
   field contains more than one mailbox specification in the mailbox-
   list, then the sender field, containing the field name "Sender" and a
   single mailbox specification, MUST appear in the message.  In either
   case, an optional reply-to field MAY also be included, which contains
   the field name "Reply-To" and a comma-separated list of one or more
   addresses.

Clearly, this message failed this section.  Would multiple addresses in
either the From: or Subject: headers be a useful spam rule?  Is that
construct used often somewhere that I'm not familiar with?

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com