From: Jason L Tibbitts III [mailto:ti...@math.uh.edu]
>> "MD" == McDonald, Dan <dan.mcdon...@austinenergy.com> writes:
>
>MD> The rules I posted last night catch those.  They switched from
<MD> underscores to commas this morning, and my rules still catch them.

>I still wonder, though, if we shouldn't be turning these back into
>hostnames and looking them up in the regular URI blacklists, because
>the looser we make the rules, the larger the chance of false
>positives.

That's why I have the "exclude two dots" part of the rule.  My first attempt
was getting a lot of false positives.  Anyone obfuscating the domain name,
IMHO, is definitely asking to be blocked.

--
Dan McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX