On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 12:03 +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 10.07.09 10:28, Admin wrote:
> > I do not see spamassassin processing information in the SMTP header of
> > incoming messages.  So I am fairly sure that the processing is not
> > working.  I am hoping to get the postfix->procmail->spamc processing
> > path working system-wide.  I need some help though since it is not
> > working.
>
> Why not use milter? It's much more effective and easier to set up.

Or simply define a spamc service in master.cf?

A search will turn up how-tos for doing it, e.g.
http://www.akadia.com/services/postfix_spamassassin.html

I know of two drawbacks to this approach:
- SA will scan outgoing as well as incoming mail (but you may want to
  do this)

- if you're using the always_bcc directive to feed a mail archive
  or equivalent, you'll see duplicates in the always_bcc output stream.

Martin