Benny Pedersen wrote:

> On Sun, July 26, 2009 04:43, snowweb wrote:
>>
>> In /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>>
>> bayes_auto_learn 1
>>
>> But when I examine the message headers,

>>         MIME_HTML_ONLY,TVD_RCVD_IP autolearn=no version=3.2.4
>>
>> Is there anywhere else that I need to switch this on?
>
> score 3.0 is inside default range for bayes learning as ham or spam, see
>
> perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>
> so bayes wont learn it, if it was -0.2 it will learn as ham, or 12.1 it
> will learn as spam
>
> --
> xpoint

Sorry Benny, my message wasn't very clear (although your information was
interesting). However, my main concern is that it is not using bayes to
analyse the messages, let alone to learn from them.

I've now trained bayes with well over 200 mails, using sa-learn but I'm
wondering if the parameters you mentions prevent it from learning even when
using sa-learn since it still has not kicked in?