Jason Haar wrote:
Hi there

We're got a few people subscribed to Serbian mailing-lists, and one in particular is having difficulty getting email to us - spamc/spamd times out and is never able to process the message. While it is running, spamd takes 100% of the CPU for 1.5+minutes.

Here's an example: http://pastebin.com/m75f39d72
pretty cool. does a similar thing here on a 64bit amd core running freebsd., perl 5.8.9,
(but it only took 52 seconds)
but thats about 45 seconds more then it should. we are averaging 3 to 7 seconds per email to parse them. you running compiled rules?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r). For Information please see http://www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/