> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 13:28 -0400, Terry Carmen wrote:
>> Anything that I receive from an IP address located with maybe 50 miles of
my location is almost 100% guaranteed Ham. However, I've never received
even a single email from China that wasn't spam.

. . .

>Sorry. But yes, I've got personal responses from pretty
> much *all* over the world.

As a geek, "I" receive mail from all over the world. However as a business
owner, my statement holds true. My clients are clustered near me.

Most in the same city, many in the same state and the rest run down the east
coast of the US. However only a few are outside the US and those are still not
too far away. The same goes for most of my clients that run brick-and-mortar
retail or professional businesses. Distance can be used to calculate
"hamminess" in cases where the business requires personal contact or
marketing.

Terry

--
CNY Support, LLC