On 09.08.09 09:20, Res wrote:
> Correct, only relay for your own customers based on your own IP ranges,
> pretty much removes abuse, and smtp-auth is only enabled on hosting
> servers, hosting customers don't use end-users smtp, nor can end users
> use hosting smtp

Bullshit. We are suffering because we didn't force users to use SMTP
authentication and relay any mail from our IP space. We allow authenticated
relaying from our users even if they do not use our IP ranges and we see
much less spam, and it is much easier to block the authenticated user than
finding out who exactly is sending mail from dynamically allocated IP
address.