Hi, all. I've looked through the list and bugzilla, and maybe I've
missed it, but I can't find anything about this problem. Basically, I
upgraded from 3.1.9 to 3.2.5 on our mail servers. This was an
out-of-the-box straight compile/install of the CPAN package. After
doing so, complaints from users started pouring in about spam. Looking
at the numbers, SA was blocking about 20% (at least) less spam than
3.1.9 did. If SA had blocked 80% of a user's total incoming mail
before, it was now blocking 50 - 60%. If it had blocked 40%, it was
now blocking 10 - 20%.

I ran lint and spamd in debug mode, and saw no errors at all about
rules being skipped or problems in the config. After going crazy for
about a week, I gave up and downgraded to 3.1.9, again, out of the box
config.

I did sa-update (for both versions) and had no problems downloading
and installing new rulesets. When I deliberately crafted a spam to hit
certain rules, it did so, but it was like 3.2.5 just didn't know
anything about the kind of spam we're getting, whereas 3.1.9 does.

Very odd. Anyone have any ideas of what I could look for, docs/FAQs I
may have missed, etc?

Thanks in advance for any pointers on where to look. This was the
darnedest thing. :-)

K.