Hi,

I notice that there are no rules updates for 3.2.5 since about
2009-07-21, with the latest version shipped being 795855. FWIW, I
queried different DNS servers in different networks to forestall stale
DNS cache data for the number, but uniformly got this result.

The "daily QA testing pages", eg.
http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/?daterev=last-night suggests that
updates have been produced, but for some reason, they were not
published.

I currently don't really understand how the rule update process works,
where to find what the latest release should have been, what changed
(apart from the possibility of checking them into a local SCM), and
when an update is "missing", why this is so (eg. the last ruleset
failed the automatic QA? no changes? what else?).

It would be nice if someone could explain how it "really works" to me.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
--Toni++