> On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 23:28 +0300, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>> There is a blank line between Content-Type and Hello,
>> but the Content-Type line WILL get to the body, and the
>> html gets injected after it as raw html code, not as
>> html (because the actual content type will be text not
>> html).
>>
>> Cron does NOT allow manipulating the headers. ALL the
>> output is assumed to be payload.
>>
> Fair comment: I asked the question and got your answer.
> Thanks.
>
> However, did you know that sendmail isn't completely dumb?
>
> I have a nightly backup job that stops Postgres, does the
> backup and restarts it. The Postgres stop and start are
> done using 'service', which returns a "Stopping Postgres
> [FAILED]" message if Postgres fails to stop. FAILED is
> red, so the line contains non-ASCII characters. Until I
> fixed this failure sendmail was converting the entire
> message body into base64 encoding due to the X-term
> sequences being used to mark the start and stop of the
> red foreground.
>
> I can't see any reference to this behavior in the
> sendmail manpage.

This is something that I have no knowledge.

Could you see the "source" format of the mail? I can't think anything except it
being in HTML format, as there is no AFAIK no other formats for "rich text" in
email.

Maybe sendmail (was it really sendmail?) can convert when it sees ANSI or
something codes in the data..

Interesting.