Warren Togami wrote:
> Opinions of this proposal?

I would love to have a listing of recently registered .cn domains but
until the TLD operator starts working with us that just isn't going to
happen.

Trying to perform a whois lookup on every domain is painfully slow.
Once you get a high enough volume of .cn domains detected it will become
impossible and that is assuming you are never rate limited.  On top of
that, most of the time when I do a whois lookup on a .cn domain I find
the destination whois server to be unresponsive, stuck in a "maintenance
mode" or doesn't include any data except the domain name and the listed
nameservers.

Spam from .cn domains can be mitigated with the right rules and querying
multiple lists.  I know my users never see .cn domains in their inbox
and if I didn't run a blacklist I wouldn't either.

--Blaine