John Hardin wrote:

There were mutterings about a generic plugin that would take an attachment, process it somehow (e.g. wvHtml, antiword, ps2ascii, or whatever was appropriate), and insert the results into the body text to be scanned by the regular rules.

That sounds very much like my ExtractText plugin. It can use command line tools or perl plugins to extract text from attachments.

There were a bit more than mutterings about it here. :-)

> I don't think anything has come of that yet.

The plugin works, and we use are using it in our mail gateway.

It's listed on the Custom Plugins wiki page, and is available at <http://whatever.frukt.org/spamassassin.text.shtml>.

It comes with a config for extracting text from Word, OpenXML, RTF, ODF and PDF files.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda