McDonald, Dan wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 05:03 -0700, wild_oscar wrote:
>> I have the same problem when I run the sa-update.
>> Has the original poster (or someone else) managed to make it work?
>
> What do you get when you try
> $ dig 5.2.3.updates.spamassassin.org txt
>
> If that times out, then you have a dns problem of some sort

Indeed, it times out - I had only digged the general
5.2.3.updates.spamassassin.org, not with txt.

I have changed the DNS servers on my router to http://www.opendns.com's
ones, but even though it seems to be correctly configured, I can't pass the
dig timeout. This happens only if I add "txt" to the dig command, without it
it works. Do you know why, how to solve it or perhaps just help me
understand why it fails only with txt ?