MySQL Student wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody here know anything about the legitimacy of Constant
Contact <http://www.constantcontact.com/anti_spam.jsp> ?
Sometimes abused, but too legit to outright block based on sending IP, imo.

Just to add another data point -- There is a local network of small tech entrepreneurs in my region. They have an email list for discussing various aspects of running small businesses (sometimes just one person out of their home), and one of the questions that frequently comes up is how to get out bulk mailings to their customers. When that topic comes up, one of the most common recommendations, and what many of them use, is Constant Contact. It does the job cleanly and efficiently and fits in their budgets. Many of them have had an experience of trying to do it themselves and getting tangled up with their ISP's policies.

So, even though I cringe when I hear a name like Constant Contact, it does serve a legitimate business need.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator