On Wednesday November 11 2009 22:33:12 Philip A. Prindeville wrote:
> This isn't so much of a technical question as a policy one.
>
> I get a lot of spam which looks like:

>  (web1111.biz.mail.sk1.yahoo.com [74.6.114.43])

$ whois 74.6.114.43

OrgName:    Inktomi Corporation
OrgID:      INKT
Address:    701 First Ave
City:       Sunnyvale
StateProv:  CA
PostalCode: 94089
Country:    US

NetRange:   74.6.0.0 - 74.6.255.255
CIDR:       74.6.0.0/16
NetName:    INKTOMI-BLK-6

The IP address is not registered as belonging to Yahoo.
The message is also missing their DKIM and DK signatures.

John Hardin  writes:
> I've given up on reporting abuse to Yahoo!, it's too much work
> for too little result.

I'm regularly reporting fraud mail (don't care for spam, just fraud)
confirmed to be from Yahoo! by their valid DKIM signature and
from their IP address space, and practically all my reports
receive a positive acknowledge - with rare exceptions, possibly
due to handling by different/new(?) helpdesk operators.

  Mark