If you search the archives of this list you will find a long-winded
discussion of this idea and an explanation of why it is a bad idea.

To make a long story short, you will block lots of legitimate mail
including almost every mail-list type message.
For example, check the Header-From and Envelope-From addresses of
any message that you get from this list.

A similar argument applies to the Header-To and Envelope-recipient
addresses.

The SMTP protocol provided for seperate header VS envelope addresses
with good reason, trying to block that feature only leads to trouble.

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm wondering if some know is this is possible to stop using SA. Look.
>
> [r...@cyrus postfix]# telnet localhost 25
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to cyrus.sat.gob.mx (127.0.0.1).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 mx2.sat.gob.mx ESMTP Postfix
> EHLO brandmauer.insys-corp.com.mx
> 250-mx2.sat.gob.mx
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-SIZE 10240000
> 250-ETRN
> 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250 DSN
> MAIL FROM: <ra...@insys-corp.com.mx>
> 250 2.1.0 Ok
> RCPT TO: <s...@sat.gob.mx>
> 250 2.1.5 Ok
> DATA
> 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
> From: Samuel Flores <samuel.flo...@sat.gob.mx>
[snip..]

> As you see, MAIL FROM (SMTP protocol) and From (DATA) are different, and
> Amavis+SA+Postfix is acceptiont this.  Is this a SA task or Amavis or Postfix,

[snip..]

#include <std_disclaimer.h>