On 11/23/2009 12:10 PM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I want to block all messages that I'm getting that have:
>>
>> To: undisclosed recipients: ;
>>
>> with no Cc: line.
>>

> I went round and round with this a while back.
>
> SA 3.25 has a problem with perl null vs 0 vs ''.
>
> so a To header (or CC header) with no content looks like a missing to line.
>
> but I don't see anything below in this rule that even looks for the CC
> line, so you would need to create a meta rule (that doesn't work in
> 3.2.5) to check each.
> rule #1 checks for the undiscloved recpits
> rule #2 checks for CC (or blank cc, which sa 3.2.5 sees as the same)
>
> best to block this in MTA, if you really just want to block it.

Well, I could use:

header __L_UNDISCLOSED1         To:raw =~ /undisclosed-recipients: ?;/
header __L_UNDISCLOSED2         Cc !~ /^$/
meta L_UNDISCLOSED              (__L_UNDISCLOSED1 && __L_UNDISCLOSED2)
describe L_UNDISCLOSED          To: list is meaningless and no Cc:
score L_UNDISCLOSED             10.0

but as you say, if it can't tell the difference between "" and undef,
then that's an issue.