On 6-Dec-2009, at 02:24, rich...@buzzhost.co.uk wrote:
> A truly clean company that always uses opt-in and never spams has
> nothing to fear from any anti-spam measure.

Oh, that is CERTAINLY not true. It's not even true of just SpamAssassin, but it
is completely disingenuous to claim that for ANY anti-spam measure. completely
clean messages that are not spam get miss-tagged ALL THE TIME. I dig mails out
of my spam folder that I want at least on a weekly basis.

Just this week I had someone I know quite well send me an evite invitation to a
meeting next week. It was tagged with Bayes_99, probably due to all the fake
'marketing seminar' invitations that go out.

Ironically enough, this one would have still squeaked under the wire had I not
tagged it +2.0 for HABEAS_ACCREDITED_SOI, but that's another thread :)

Another was an email from a friend of mine that for some odd reason tripped
bayes_99 and a relay check and a couple of others. So there's two this week.

OTOH, there's 410 more spam messages in that folder from this week that all
appear to be correctly tagged.

--
The way I see it, the longer I put it off, the better it'll end up
        being. Heck, school doesn't start for another 43 minutes.