On Fri 18 Dec 2009 07:09:03 PM CET, Per Jessen wrote
Completely agree, but the ZX80/1 made computers very, very affordable. I
was 15 when I managed to convince my parents that I desperately needed
one of those.  Back in 1981,

zx80 was 1980 imho, and had just 1k ram, and 8k rom, fully expandeble to a cpm system that is can run rc7000 software :)

I think it was about DKK1500, I'm not
sure.

i still have danish books with that prise from that time

It was a hell of a jump from the RC7000 with teletype and 32k
core memory we had at school.

i remember comet in multiuser setup with shared floppy disks, and printers or plotters, even some of them with some lego or fisher teknic electronik learning kits :)

--
xpoint http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html