René,

> > What version of re2c are you using?  Can you post the output of
> > 'spamassassin -D --lint' to pastebin?
>
> re2c is version 0.12.1.  The script sa-compile checks the version so I
> don't think there's a problem there.

It hasn't been determined exactly which is the minimal working version,
the 0.12 was chosen just as a version whose predecessors are known to fail.
Actually SpamAssassin 3.3.0 was tested with 0.13.5, which worked fine.

> About the lint output, you mean the current working output? or the one
> that hangs?  If its the later I would have to get it tonight, in about 8
> hours.

>> Can you post the output of 'spamassassin -D --lint' to pastebin?
> Here's the current working output: http://pastebin.com/m35634489

Not sure which is which. I'd find interesting the output of:
  $ spamassassin -D -t <test.msg >test.log 2>&1

and if it hangs during evaluation of regexp rules, it would
be worth trying with a newer re2c.

  Mark