Arthur Dent wrote:
> This mail http://pastebin.com/m3d60d066 was generated automatically
> by my gmail calendar as a reminder message.
>
> Clearly it doesn't trip the spam-o-meter (scores 0.2), but I have a
> procmail recipe the puts "ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE" into a quarantine
> folder.

I recommend altering that filter to exclude "ALL_TRUSTED" messages
from that query's hits so you can get your genuine bounces faster.

> I can't for the life of me work out why it is hitting the
> any-bounce plugin.

It hits __AUTO_GEN_AS which is a dependency of __BOUNCE_AUTO_GENERATED
which is a dependency of BOUNCE_MESSAGE which is a dependency of
ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE.

__AUTO_GEN_AS was removed from spamassassin 3.3.0, presumably for
false positives like this.

> Any suggestions as to what to do to prevent similar reminder
> messages from hitting the bounce plugin?

Solution:  upgrade to 3.3.0

Workaround: remove the "__AUTO_GEN_AS||" from the
__BOUNCE_AUTO_GENERATED meta rule in 20_vbounce.cf which you can find
on your server via:

spamassassin --lint -D config 2>&1 |grep vbounce.cf

(If that has no hits, please start using sa-update.  In the meanwhile,
it lives in /usr/share/spamassassin.  How do you like those
FH_DATE_PAST_20XX mails?)