On 2/1/10 5:52 AM, Justin Mason wrote:
In this case, I would use the sa-update --install option.

thanks, yes, I think during the freebsd fetch, I will fetch both tarballs, install the default rule set so that if they start spamd or run SA, it won't fail.
(so that it is consistent with existing installations)

Q: will that 'default' tarball of rules ALWAYS be available? and ALWAYS have the same md5 sig and size? or will it change? if it 'moves' or changes, then ports and rpm maintainers will need a 'static', (release version) that doesn't change.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r). For Information please see http://www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/