On 08.02.10 22:08, dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> You get an email delivered from 64.71.152.40 (last untrusted
> relay).  You look up the DNS A record for that IP, and get

You won't look up A records for an IP, IP address do NOT have A records.
You can look up PTR (or any other record) for 40.152.71.64.in-addr.arpa.

> mail.chaosreigns.com.  Then you look up the DNS PTR record of
> 40.152.71.64.designatedsender.mail.chaosreigns.com, and if it's
> 127.0.0.1, it's a legit email sender and gets some negative SA score.

Then I will look A record of mail.chaosreigns.com and see if it's
64.71.152.40.

If you compare these two, you see that I need to control the same domains no
matter which wsay I go. Just now I can do what you propose (and many
spammers can too) but that doesn't mean my mail is legitimate.

> Otherwise it's not, and gets some positive SA score (low at first until
> adoption spreads).
>
> So it's not tied to the SMTP MAIL FROM or anything.
> Forwarding doesn't break.

What do you mean by this?
Do you want to implement new way of defining which hosts are permitted to
send e-mail? There already are attempts to do this, with false positives and
negatives. Yours is a bit complicated and new which means everyone would
need to implement this (otherwise he'd get false positives on his outgoing
mail). Therefore I think it won't work this way.
If you want to implement new way of defining which hosts are permitted to
send e-mail from which domain, the same applies.

"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."