From: "Ted Mittelstaedt" <t...@ipinc.net>
Sent: Tuesday, 2010/February/09 13:50

dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:
On 02/09, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
Thunderbird.  There must be a bug in T-bird that is tickled

Submit a bug report against thunderbird.

I don't want to have to play wack-a-mole with every mail
client out there.

I can just imagine that bug report anyway:

Dear t-bird maintainers:

  I am getting spams that have non-ASCII characters in the
subject line and t-bird is displaying the entire subject line
as a blank line.  I really want to see what my spammer friends
are putting in their subject lines, so could you please fix
t-bird so that it displays the bogus characters that my spammer
friends are putting in their spams to me?

  I'd stand a better chance of that bug being fixed if I
DIDN'T report it!!!

Ted

Ted, you cannot expect any more help from them than you give to
expired accounts, you know. You MUST give them some data to work
with. Figure out what those characters are. I am betting it would
be a simple "cr/lf" pair or maybe even a simple "lf". But without
good knowledge of what it is how can the T'bird people fix it?
"Insufficient data" is as good a reason as "insufficient account."

{^_-}