Le mardi 16 février 2010 à 12:46 -0800, SM a écrit :

> Hi Alexandre,
> At 10:44 16-02-10, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
> >I have a quite buggy customer network, full of zombie PCs that
> >spends all days sending spam and wasting the whole "reputation" of my
> >networks.
>
> Do they send these messages through your mail server?

Mostly not but thoose who are doing so make my mail servers being
blacklisted from time to times.
(And I don't really care about dyn IP adresses being on blacklists...
for now)

> >As a result it sometimes become quite hard to delivers queues for
> >specific domains such as Yahoo!'s hosted ones. Indeed they have some
> >temp fail (blacklist) mechanism that forbid my servers to send
> >messages to them during hours.
> >Taht's why I would like to setup some ougoing filtering to avoid
> >sending too much spam through my mail relays. I think SA can help me
> >in doing so, but I know too it's not really intented to work this
> >way. I guess SA expects to work on MX hosts more than on smtp relays.
>
> You can still run some SpamAssassin tests to catch some of the spam.

This is what i am doing... but I'd like to know if someone has done it
too and how efficient it is.
I don't want to set this up if It won't change my reputation and just
cause some false positives.

> >My prerequisites are mainly:
> >     - STOP as much spam as possible at SMTP time (before queuing)
>
> As this is outgoing, post-SMTP filtering is not much of an issue.

It definetly is when hitting the problem of false positive... I can't
let a user thinking we sent his mail when we "wrongly" dropped it.

> >Further more I can't rely on RBL because a lot of my dyn IP address
> >are regularily listed on different blacklist.
>
> Relying on other people to tell you that there is a problem on your
> network is not a good idea.
>
> Sign up for feedback loops.  Rate limit mail submissions or set up
> triggers to identify abnormalities.  You may also wish to do traffic
> flow analysis to see what's going through your network.

Indeed Flow analisys is something I didn't think about but which could
be helpful

regards