On 2010-03-09 13:51, Brian wrote:
On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 13:17 +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
* Brian <brel.astersik100...@copperproductions.co.uk>:

In the year 2010 it is not unreasonable to expect the MTA that takes
responsibility for accepting a message to make reasonable checks about
the validity or content of that message.
Postfix can do this either via the milter interface OR the
smtpd_proxy_filter

It's very easy.

GROAN *** WE KNOW THAT!
Look at the title and read the post Ralf. The point is you need to use a
milter or proxy/policy daemon to do this with Postfix. The point being
'Why does it not natively support this functionality in the year 2010?'
Answer: Because Weitse (AKA 'God') says so, so you all jump and say 'yes
sir, no sir, three bags full sir'.

So Ralf - author of 'The Postfix Book', can you please now tell me how
to get Postfix to reject mail before it accepts it and gives a 250 -
When Spamassassin tags it as spam?
It's 2010, spam accounts for 9x% of mail so please share with me how you
can do this with just a minor config change with Postfix. The caveat you
can't use the milter, you can't use 'amavis-crashalot' and a 250 must
not be given if Spamassassin marks it as spam. I can't find it in your
book anywhere old chap......

I'm happy to stay on the Postfix 'merry-go-round' for an answer, or we
can just agree Postfix can't easily do this and move on and stop
flogging this dead horse :-)

good idea -

Here, its totally off topic.

Move it to Postfix lists