On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:44:21 -1000, Julian Yap <julianok...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 7:58 AM, micah anderson <mi...@riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:56:56 -1000, Julian Yap <julianok...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Just wanted to add that this particular line is incorrect:
> > > meta SC_HAM (USER_IN_WHITELIST||USER_IN_DEF_WHITELIST||
> > > USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO||NO_RELAYS||ALL_TRUSTED||USER_IN_BLACKLIST_TO||
> > > USER_IN_BLACKLIST)
> > >
> > > That will have Blacklisted email filters classified as ham.
> >
> > Interesting, thanks for the reply from an old thread.
> >
> > I got this list from:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ShortcircuitingRuleset which seems
> > to be something that Justin Mason put together. I have CC'd Justin on
> > this email.

> > Which has the difference of also including "SUBJECT_IN_WHITELIST", and
> > "SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST"... but now I am wondering if this is the right
> > thing to do.

I actually removed the SUBJECT_IN rules as this makes it so any
individual user who can whitelist/blacklist a subject can shortcircuit
for everyone.

> > I'm very curious about resolving this, it does seem like a bad setup and
> > it is being taken as gospel from the spamassassin wiki, but perhaps
> > there is something that we are not understanding here that Justin can
> > clarify?
> >

> I'm pretty sure yours is wrong.  You need to take out the the rules which
> apply to Spam in spam short circuiting.

I agree with you, its amazing that this has been wrong on the wiki since
2007! I went to go update the wiki today, and found that you had just
done it. Thanks for doing that!

Micah