On Wednesday March 31 2010 23:43:25 Charles Gregory wrote:
> Is there really a problem with the in-memory size? I would have thought
> the major concern was the processing time for evaluating 'full' (and
> rawbody?) rules on a large message....

Yes, sure, the main issue is with evaluating regexp rules over
a large message. Nevertheless, even now keeping 50 copies of
100 MB memory-footprint child processes is not to be underestimated.
Add to that several copies (raw, decoded, array of lines, ...)
of a large message in perl's data structures can be a big deal.
And bear in mind that once a process running perl extends its
virtual memory, it cannot shrink back, so it stays huge forever
after processing one large message.

  Mark