On 2.4.2010 14:31, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> writes:
>
>> On 2.4.2010 14:02, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>>>
>>> My problem with Net::Ident did not go away.
>>>

>> I might try "force install Net::Ident" and then prepare to format my HD :(
>
> It looks like it does not pose a problem. Is it an important module, or
> can I live without it?

Take a look: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/NetIdentPrototype

It seems that it can be forced to install, and while this error stays,
SA should be ok.

I have Apache.pm though, two different instances:

   /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/DBI/ProfileDumper/Apache.pm
   /usr/share/perl/5.10.0/CGI/Apache.pm

I don't know if the Apache.pm is the key to keep Ident happy, or not.

You can try and install CGI::Apache and/or  DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache
(I have those), maybe then...

Or just force install Net::Ident. According to that Apache wikipage
Net::Ident is required by SA.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
                -- Mark Twain