John Hardin wrote:
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Ned Slider wrote:

John Hardin wrote:
 On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Ned Slider wrote:

>  uri        LOCAL_URI_BITLY      m{https?://bit\.ly/\w{6}}
>  describe   LOCAL_URI_BITLY      contains bit.ly link

 bit.ly is a legitimate URL-shortening service. Are you sure you want
 to penalize them?

As I said, I use that rule in a meta rule combining with FROM_HOTMAIL.

You _also_ use it in a meta. The rule quoted above assigns one point (by default) to any bit.ly URL, regardless of whether it appears in a message received from hotmail.

Ah, I tend to remove the (my) score line when posting to this list so people do not copy my rules verbatim, but think about their own scoring. I had actually scored it at 0.001 for information (I originally wanted to check that it was hitting). I had forgotten the rules without a score will score 1 by default. Good point, and thank you for reminding me :)