Quoting Alex <mysqlstud...@gmail.com>:

Hi,
Just wondering what other tools are out there that people like.

I use postfix as my MTA right now, but am not completely opposed to using
something else if necessary to use a specific quarantine system.

Amavisd-new works well with postfix

maia mailguard using amavisd-new but an old version.

I think he's probably referring to something that would help him
manage the quarantine itself, such as to query it for FNs, provide
some type of reporting, forward FPs back to the proper recipient,
manage expiry, expunging, and scoring, etc?

Yes exactly what I'm referring to.  Wishlist would be:

User controllable (i.e users can release spam messages back into their mailbox)
Whitelist/blacklist management
Domain configurations

maia mailguard has pretty much all of that but hasn't been updated in a while, just looking for other possibilities.

Do people just flag the message as spam (maybe in the header) and then let users filter to a spam folder? We are using this as a front end to exchange so I guess we could just flag it and then have exchange deliver it to the users "Junk E-mail" folder, but then bayes can't learn from its mistakes as easily.

--Dennis